Sunday 19 December 2010

Thinking of You

Sunday, 19 December



My Lovely E

Forgot to tell you that I had another card in the post on the Monday following your 'birthday' on the fifth.

It was from Sarah and Ben. 





 In it Sarah had written this message...




When she and Ben were here the 25th September, Sarah told me she had been in touch with Steven B, from your time together at Lexicon in Shipley. 

She said Steve was going to send her some words reminiscing about those days.

Well, he has and here they are...

'When I think of Eileen, it makes me smile.

She was helpful, articulate, warm hearted with a good sense of humour.

Eileen was a shoulder to cry on, someone who could be relied upon to offer words of encouragement when needed and a voice of reason in tiomes of chaos.

She had a unique way of bringing humour to a situation without diverting attention from what needed to be done.

Whilst Eileen was happy to help those with less natural ability than herself, she did not suffer fools gladly (and of those there were a few!)  
Eileen's ability to articulate her opinion in a firm but fair manner, with a cheeky glint in her and, at times, her tongue planted firmly in her cheek, used to make me laugh.

Eileen had the ability to despatch well meaning but misguided middle management back to their desks like naughty children returning from a dressing sown from the Head Teacher.

We spend so much of our life at work, so it is important to get something from the time we spend employed.

As I get older I realise that the enjoyment we gain from working with people whose company we enjoy is often the most valuable reward of all.

Eileen helped turn what could have been a disastrous chapter of my working into one which I cherish very dearly.

She was a special lady and one for whem I have the fondest memories.'

Steve


It's gratifying - and so consoling - when people share their lovely memories of you in this way.



So many people miss you in so many ways.

Especially me.


Love you

For ever

Trevor xxx