Monday 22 March 2010

Thoughts of Abroad

My Darling E

Cannot tell you how much I've missed you since you went away.  Particularly  upstairs and especially in our bedroom, where we spent so much time together during the final months of your illness.

The photograph next to me on my bedside cabinet is a constant memory of you.  It's the one I had there during those long, long weeks when you were in hospital.

It's this one I took of you when we were in Brugge.  I love it so much and feel that it captures beautifully what someone once described as that 'seriously wicked' smile of yours. 




But there is one other photograph of you that means everything to me.

It's this iconic one I took of you sitting on the beach in Pelion.   




I didn't feel a framed photograph would do it justice, so I decided to have it made into a canvas. 

And this is how it now looks, hanging there on the wall right above our bed...




I think it is really superb and feel your presence every time I walk into the room.  It is so you, it brings a smile to my face every time I look at it. 

When they were over last week Charlotte and Ivan saw it for the first time. They really loved it. 

As we were standing there admiring it, Caitlin walked into the room.  She took one look at the canvas, pointed up at it and, without hesitation, said 'Oma'.  Or 'Moma' as she tends to say it still.

So there is one little girl who is not going to forget you.  Nor are the rest of us who loved and worshipped you so much.

Do hope you like the canvas.  It means so much to me. 

Love you so much.

Ever yours,

Trevor xxx