Sunday 17 October 2010

Dream Maker, You Heart Breaker

Tuesday, 5 October


My Darling Eileen

As I mentioned we put up a number of photographs for people to look at when they came on the 25th, for our anniversary.

As you know, some of these were taken on earlier 'anniversary' trips.

Others were just favourite ones of mine from the past.

I thought it would be nice to post some of these here, especially for those who could not be with us on the 25th.

I can hear you saying, 'Not too many'; so I promise I won't.


          
Majorca 1973



 London 1977


Mull 1984


Paris 1990


Paris 1990


Menorca 1995


Pelion 2003


Billericay 2004


Brugge 2004


Vancouver 2005


Vancouver 2005 


Etretat 2007



That's it - except for another lovely 'coincidence'...

While I've been picking out these images I have been listened to a Canadian  internet radio station (Jazz.FM91) in the background.

It's my type of music and great - if you make allowances for the fact they are 5 hours behind us and the traffic bulletins all relate to Toronto.

And guess what has just been playing? 

A rather lovely version of the theme from 'Breakfast at Tiffany's'.

We saw it during our first months together - and have loved it ever since.  

Although I seem to remember you did get very upset at the scene near the end, where she stopped the taxi and shoved the poor cat out in the pouring rain.

Still, she did go back to find it...


   Moon River, wider than a mile,
I'm crossing you in style some day.
Oh, dream maker, you heart breaker,
wherever you're going I'm going your way.
Two drifters off to see the world.
There's such a lot of world to see.
We're after the same rainbow's end--
waiting 'round the bend,
my huckleberry friend,
Moon River and me.


Well, we were 'two drifters' and we did see the world together - some of it, at least, if not all of it.

More would have been so good - but it wasn't to be.

So, my lovely, lovely huckleberry friend, if you have found your own rainbow's end please wait for me there - just 'round the bend.


For ever

Trevor xxx