Friday 5 February 2010

Jean Genius

Dearest Eileen

Sue and Andy Oliver were sad when I rang them a day or so after losing you, to tell them the news. 

You'll remember they had been to see you just before Christmas.  Even though they could see you were far from well that day, I think it still came as a shock to them.      




They sent a lovely card with snowdrops on the front.  Inside, Sue's message read:

'We have lost an incredible person.  Eileen was so loved by you Trevor.  Andrew and I could sense what an amazing bond there was between you when we were there just three weeks ago.
When I close my eyes and think of Eileen, I see a tall, slim, vivacious, attractive lady with a great sense of humour, a twinkle in her eye and a beautiful smile.
Eileen taught me how to zip my jeans up, by putting a shoelace through the fastener and pulling up while lying on my back on the floor.
We had so much fun in Holland together.'

That we did.  Great times, great memories.

I read from this quote from Sue in my tribute to you at the funeral service.

Will tell you more about that another time.

For now, remember I love you.

Missing you,

For ever,
Trevor xxx